Go Back   Buick Enclave Forum - EnclaveForum.com > Buick Enclave General Discussion > Articles & News

Articles & News All about the Buick Enclave!

Old 11-02-2011, 01:32 PM
Administrator

Default October 2011 Buick Enclave Sales Numbers

Enclave 4509 -3.9%
Acadia 5034 -6.9%
Traverse 7197 -12.8%

Buick overall down 7%

GM overall up 2%

http://media.gm.com/content/media/us...11/Nov/gmsales
Old 11-02-2011, 02:12 PM
Super Moderator

I don't know about your neck of the woods, but Enclaves are EVERYWHERE! They're nearing the end of their lifecycle though. It's time to move on.

Personally, if I was looking for a new 3 row SUV, I'd look at the Explorer. Other than some initial Sync issues, It's a nice vehicle. I thought the Enclave was quiet, but the Explorer makes the Enclave seem downright loud in comparison.
Old 11-03-2011, 09:09 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
I don't know about your neck of the woods, but Enclaves are EVERYWHERE! They're nearing the end of their lifecycle though. It's time to move on.

Personally, if I was looking for a new 3 row SUV, I'd look at the Explorer. Other than some initial Sync issues, It's a nice vehicle. I thought the Enclave was quiet, but the Explorer makes the Enclave seem downright loud in comparison.
The new exploder even looks a lot like the enclave. It's much improved from older models and is pretty popular. Some got plenty of miles out if previous models and was pretty reliable. Others, not so much. I am not much of a ford guy myself. So not for me.

GM has come a long way. They used to be content running the same model for 13 years... I feel since 2007 GM has found that a lot of change every 2-3 years is good.

Well at least with vehicles that is...
Old 11-03-2011, 09:45 AM
Super Moderator

Ford didn't take my money a couple of years ago. They earned my business for years to come. I'm a car guy. I don't really care for one brand over the other. If I like the car, I like the car. I'm not hung up on brand.
Old 11-04-2011, 12:00 AM
Administrator

Yeah I am generally the same way. I just had some really bad experiences with a couple different ford models. One of which is no longer made. It has definitely kept me in a GM product for sure.

I do appreciate some ford models. They just aren't practical to me. Like the new f150 Ecoboost is a pretty sweet and quick truck. Only bad thing about it is a half ton truck just wont do in my work field..

One thing I do understand that I am sure that there are those who had really bad experiences with GM as well any other auto maker out there.
Old 11-04-2011, 08:33 AM
Super Moderator

Yep! I've had issues with all three US automakers. If I made all my decisions off that I'd never buy an American vehicle again! lol

Fact is, Ford, GM, Mopar, have ALL made crap in the past, and perhaps in the present, but it's much nicer crap now. lol The Regal GS is a HUGE hit for me, the only problem is the FWD. BOO! AWD, 50 more BHP and I may be on board.

Chris
Old 11-04-2011, 11:26 AM
Administrator

lol

The sad part is I ha e tried foreign, paid more with similar grade interiors. Also paid a lot for repairs. The worst part is the problems I experienced were the same. I will say there quality has fallen with the economy. Don't get me wrong. You can get a lot if miles out of a Honda or Camry. But by the time you keep up with their maintenance schedule you are flat broke.

Thankfully I have had the best luck with GM over the past 15 years in my family. We have owned half a dozen 200k + vehicles with no major repair.
Old 01-07-2012, 12:48 PM

i am to facing the same problem but did not find any result till now?