Go Back   Buick Enclave Forum - EnclaveForum.com > Buick Enclave General Discussion > Maintenance

Maintenance Let's talk about the Buick Enclave's Maintenance schedule.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-08-2013, 02:22 PM

Default I am done with GM and my 2008 Enclave

My 2008 Buick Enclave just came back a second time with this same issue and both the dealership[Grossinger Buick in Chicago] and GM tell me that it is normal wear and tear! My car has 30k miles on it. Based on the fact that this car has 1/2 the expected miles for a 5 year old car then GM expects that I should pay $2k every year to replace the faulty power steering. I just got rid of a 2001 Hyundai Sonata and NEVER had to replace the power steering and it was driven less since i lived in the city.

The car has also been in the shop 3x over last 5 years for water damage but those have been covered by warranty thank god....other than the hassle of bringing it in and being out a car for a week or so each time.

I told GM that I am expecting to replace my 2008 and really want a 2013 but will not if they tell me that this is normal wear and tear. The resolution is to give me $2500 for a new car. I guess I will be going with another make of car.